Re: Firefox strange behavior

On Fri, 7 Jan 2022 20:28:26 +0100
Mike <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 07.01.22 um 20:10 schrieb Mavridis Philippe:
> > Hello Mike
> >
> > I'm not sure what the Save issue might be but could you also try
> > opening something via Firefox?
> Well, could please specify "something"?

Double-click on a random HTML file, if you have one handy.

> > If my theory is correct then it has to do with something trying to
> > override the Firefox Open/Save dialogs.
> >
> > --
> > Philippe
> I guess so. And it's probably got something to do with Trinity's default
> browser Konqueror.

No, the likely culprits are gtk-qt-engine, gtk3-qt-engine, or kgtk-qt3
(the packages for your distro may not have exactly those names, but
they should be close).  Uninstall any of those you may have and see
if the problem clears up.  If it doesn't, create a new user with the default
settings, open Firefox with that user, and see if the problem persists.
If it does, the next step is to try reinstalling Firefox.

E. Liddell