Fwd: Re: Re: Firefox strange behavior

Damn, I sent another mail 40 minutes ago which did not arrive~
Here's the next attempt:

Am 07.01.22 um 21:10 schrieb Mike:
Am 07.01.22 um 20:36 schrieb Mavridis Philippe:
> Well, could please specify "something"?

Sorry, I thought I expained it well. :)

Essentially I'm asking whether the Open dialog is working because I assumed from your message that you can't get Firefox to show the Save dialog, neither from the menu nor via Ctrl+S.

Well, the dialogues show up. Yet they have almost no effect: While I can't save contents it is possible to copy e.g. a web URL.

If so, it could be an issue with kgtk-qt3 (which is a package that can override standard dialogs in non-TDE applications with standard TDE dialogs) or, less likely, an issue with either of the gtk-qt engines (all those because Firefox relies on Gtk+ dialogs).
I don't have that package, or such a binary.
Yet I am using qt5ct for dealing with gtk; though it's "qt5" so far it seemed to work...

However, I've just build and installed "kgtk-git". But what to do with it?

Yay! It works when running "kgtk3-wrapper" then! ^^
Thanks for the hint.

Konqueror might be the cause of the default browser setting problem but I don't really think it might be the reason Firefox refuses to save a page.

-- Philippe
Maybe.
What about any TDE config files?