Re: email mess - maybe OT or not

> Which headers? Are you talking about person A's address showing up as
> the From address of person B's emails? Or some other header?

Yes, person A's (that is, Gene's) address shows up in the headers of somebody
else altogether. When person B sends me an email (not a reply), I also get
Gene's address in the headers.

Person B doesn't know Gene at all, doesn't know about TDE or the list, and
knows hardly anything about computers, hence uses the rotten Apple and
sometimes Windoze.

> > There is absolutely no other
> > connection between these two persons, except of course for myself.
>
> There definitely seems to be something odd with your email headers. I've
> had a *very* brief look at a few, and:
>
> 1. Fresh emails from you starting a new thread often contain an
> In-Reply-To and Reference header. For instance, in one fresh email from
> you back in 2020, it included an In-Reply-To pointing to
>
>     201802171815.09906.gheskett@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> which seems to be an email from 2018.

I did search for this email, and it seems not to exist at all; indeed, never
existed, I believe, because I save *almost* everything, except spam and other
crap like that.

> 2. When you reply to an existing email, the Reference header refers to
> somebody *other* than the person whose email you replied to.

So far as I can tell, this happens only with emails to person B, who doesn't
know Gene at all, nor is a common member of any list or group; and now, it
seems to happen in these emails to the TDE list.

I did some looking through other emails to the list, though, and it seems to
be recent.

> 3. And your emails have what look to me like corrupt header lines, such
> as this one:
>

> +h=from:reply-to:to:subject:date:user-agent:references:in-reply-to:mime-ver
>sion:content-type:message-id;
>
> which nobody else seems to have (at least not in my brief
> investigation). The leading + sign is actually a space or newline.

I would like to buy a clue here, as I would like to believe that I send and
receive emails the same as everybody else.

If there is anything amiss, then I would imagine that maybe it's because I've
moved from KDE3 Kmail to TDE Kmail, and copied everything from one machine to
another over about 15 years or so.

> So something is not happy in your emails.

Unhappy emails, frustrated email user.

Bill