Re: Change to forum software? (was TDE Matrix.org room?)

On Friday 08 October 2021 12:11:01 Echedey López Romero via tde-users wrote:
> On Friday 08 October 2021 20:03:58 Hunter Ellett via tde-users wrote:
> > On October 8, 2021 1:34:11 PM CDT, Steven D'Aprano
>
> <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >If people want to experiment with chat, you could check out
> > > Libra.Chat:
> > >
> > >https://libera.chat/
> >
> > I think there's already #trinity-desktop on Libera Chat.
> >
> > I also want to mention that I suggested Matrix in the first place
> > because it supports full end to end encryption. I agree with Nik and
> > others that encryption is vital these days so I find what supports
> > it. I use the halogen.city homeserver over matrix.org's as an added
> > guard because the main group behind Matrix is shady as others have
> > said before, but the protocol itself is FOSS. Overall, Matrix is like
> > a newer clone of Jabber (I prefer the old name "Jabber" over XMPP)
> > and is growing in popularity via Element as a client.
> >
> > It doesn't bring anything new to the table that Jabber already has so
> > maybe its better, but I find Matrix more user-friendly.
> >
> >  I also like that Kopete can be used with Jabber but the OTR
> > encryption plugin isn't readily available for all distros or FreeBSD.
> > Perhaps we can have an encrypted Jabber room for TDE that is easily
> > accessible in Kopete.
>
> By exploring IRC through Matrix I didn't find any Trinity room in
> Libera.Chat. However, the legacy Freenode still holds one which you can
> access from Matrix.

https://jabber.hot-chilli.net/server-specifications/

Supports all kinds of IRC, group chat, etc. See below.

Bill

see under # Transports,%20Gateways%20and%20Features

    MUC (Multi-User Chat)
    Proxy65 (File Transfer Proxy)
    HTTP File Upload
    Pubsub / PEP (Publish-Subscribe / Personal Eventing via Pubsub)
    Web Presence
    Battle.net Transport (coming soon…)
    Discord Transport
    Facebook Transport