Change to forum software? (was TDE Matrix.org room?)

On Friday 08 October 2021 11:14:04 am William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > It was a little worrisome to see this on the Element page: "Element is
> > incredibly proud to build in the open, sharing almost all of our own code
> > with everyone." Almost?
> > --
> > dep
>
> Such statements are in the same league as "almost innocent" or "almost a
> virgin": good enough for many, but some of us are difficult and choosy.

Yeah, I think we can drop the thought of using Matrix stuff...

Does anyone know if https://www.phpbb.com/ has these same issue?  I see it in
use by open source type groups and I could host it on one of my hot backup
servers.  Granted we'd a few people on the group to step up as Admin's and
Mod's too.

Well, if the thought of changing to a forum from the mailing list appeals to
the group that is...

Best,
Michael