Re: Weird Kicker, Titlebar, mouse pointer behavior R14.0.11(DEVELOPMENT)

On Thu October 7 2021 13:00:35 Slávek Banko wrote:
> I believe that we will probably need to improve the code related to the DPI
> settings contained in starttde.

This is partially subjective and not repeatable so take it with a grain
of salt.

It seemed to me the first time I started TDE with the new DPI code that
some fonts were thinner.  I checked TCC and the new option was Enabled
and 120.  I also took a screen grab of the KDE menu where the font
thinning seemed most noticeable.

I tried some changes and reboots but after a while settled back on
Enabled and 120 and now the fonts seem to me to appear as they did
before the new DPI code.

It is possible that things appear differently the first time, or until
the first edit, or until the first reboot.

I'm attaching a couple of clips of the KDE menu.  I believe they were
both taken at Enabled and 120.  2099 is the first login after the
upgrade and 2101 was taken several reboots later.

--Mike