Weird Kicker, Titlebar, mouse pointer behavior R14.0.11(DEVELOPMENT)

Following this morning's apt upgrades and a reboot for unrelated reasons,
I've encounted unexpected behavior with parts of TDE.

First, when the desktop starts, the mouse pointer normally becomes
considerably smaller, reflecting the change from whatever the login screen
resolution is to the TDE desktop resolution for my 1920x2160 screen, but
now it stays big.

The Kicker panel and its icons remain the size they've always been, but the
font both for Kicker applications -- taskbar, calendar, the actual menu in
KMenu -- have become minuscule. Really tiny, as in 6pt. tiny. The title
bar font has also become much smaller.

There are no changes I've found in the behavior of the applications
themselves. In fact, when I move the mouse pointer into an application it
reverts to the normally smaller size. So this appears to apply to the
desktop, window decorations, and Kicker only.

I've made no configuration changes.

Any idea where I should look to fix what seems to have gotten broken? I
presume there's some setting that the items mentioned abnove have in
common, but damned if I have been able to figure out what it is.

I'm running R14.0.11(DEVELOPMENT), which is pretty much always stable.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album
Column: https://ofb.biz/author/dep/