Re: Centralised EU censorship blocks mails !?

On Wednesday 06 October 2021 03:48:25 am Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> UCEPROTECT seems to have a very bad reputation as an overzealous RBL
> that blocks entire subdomains or domains, allegedly fakes attacks in
> order to justify those blocks, and accepts money for "express
> delisting".
>
> https://securityboulevard.com/2021/02/uceprotect-when-rbls-go-bad/
>
> So it seems to me that your mail provider is passing the buck and saying
> "Government censorship!!!" when what actually happened is that they
> delegated their spam filtering to some garbage commercial filtering
> system such as UCEPROTECT or similar.
>
> But maybe that's just me being cynical.

Nope.  You're not being cynical.  My clients have this issue with their
clients' mail providers using crap RBL services all the time.  ‘Cause, yes,
blocking a whole subset  of IPs for ‘bad neighborhood’ makes you a hell of a
lot more money selling "express delisting" to idiots.