Re: Recommendations for TDE-compatible non-systemd distro?

I really don't see the reason for debating systemd over sysv over every other init system once again. If the topic starter asked for a distribution without systemd, they must have had their reasons to ask for this. Forcing them to try systemd and downgrading the discussion to a generic systemd-antisystemd debate (of which there is an abundance already) is not a correct approach to the original question.

This is really a pointless debate. Systemd has its strenghts and downs, and pretty much everything else out there has. If I went into a shop explicitly asking for pencils and the personnel was insisting that I should buy pens instead, I wouldn't consider that advice the least helpful. After all, everybody chooses their own preferred tool, and Linux should be all about choice, as many believe.

On the original question, I have been using Slackware for quite a while and it adequately covers my needs. But I would recommend Devuan – it has indeed come a long way since its first release (it was buggy when I tried it). I recently installed it on a spare machine. The installation was flawless, you could choose from several init systems and even apt was not as annoying as I remember it. I was so amazed that for a moment I caught myself thinking of replacing my trusted Slackware with Devuan.