Re: Vivaldi/Chromium printing in grayscale

On 9/5/21 1:02 PM, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
Are you sure Vivaldi uses TDE's printer? I run Vivaldi, but when I print from
it I don't get Trinity's printer dialog. I guess it uses it's own or some
Gnome dialog.

I usually print to pdf first, then I can use kpdf

Thierry

Hi Thierry,

I have since learned that the current version if HPLIP is incompatible with Debian 11, but there are new packages pending in the pipeline.

What has been occurring, is really strange. The current version of HPLIP will connect the printer to the PC but only via Ethernet. Once this occurs, it is the only printer that Vivaldi and Chromium can see, aside from 'Print to PDF'. If I use the native print option in these browsers, the pages print in grayscale. If I select to use the system printing dialog (which is what Firefox and Thunderbird use), they will then print in color.

There is a second entry for the printer in the TDE Control Panel, created by TDE, apparently automatically installed, consisting of the printer model with alphanumeric characters next to it, referencing that it's driverless, using cups-filters 1.28,7. This entry is created whether the printer is connected via USB or Ethernet. If I delete it, it reappears automatically. If the printer entry with the Ethernet connection is removed, leaving only this driverless entry, Vivaldi and Chromium do not see it. 'Print to PDF' is the only option with those browsers.

--
Linux. A Continual Learning Experience.

TDE: R14.0.11-pre  -  Debian: 11 (amd64)