Re: hibrid system plasma+tde

Hi!

Anno domini 2021 Tue, 10 Aug 09:03:29 +0200
 sacarde scripsit:
> when I login in plasma-kde, kcontrol is empy
> when I login in TDE kcontrol is populated
>
> maybe this is solution ... to enter into TDE at login

This is what I run on FVWM. Open a terminal in your DE, execute:

export TDE_FULL_SESSION=false
export TDEHOME=$HOME/.trinity
export TDEROOTHOME=/root/.trinity
export TDE_SESSION_UID=$UID
export TDE_MULTIHEAD=false
export TDEDIR=/opt/trinity
export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/opt/trinity/etc/xdg
export XDG_DATA_DIRS=/opt/trinity/share:/usr/local/share:/usr/share
tdeinit_shutdown
tdeinit

Now you should be able to use any TDE application as if you had a fill TDE running. If it works, put these lines in your .xsessionrc (if your DE follws the standard this will be executed on sesion setup). You might want to check if $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS and $XDG_DATA_DIRS are set already. If they are, you have to adjust the lines, e.g.

export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=$XDG_CONFIG_DIRS:/opt/trinity/etc/xdg
export XDG_DATA_DIRS=$XDG_DATA_DIRS:/opt/trinity/share:/usr/local/share:/usr/share

Nik