Re: Two things, both on the same basic machine, a dell 7010

On Sunday 01 August 2021 09:45:21 Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> 1. I was forced by an errant mill table trapping and crushing my last
> logitech K360 keyboard with a different keyboard, one which has a row of
> buttons across the top/rear that among other things includes a power
> switch, and another that apparently makes it hibernate. It is virtually
> impossible to pick up this keyboard and take it the 3 or 4 feet to the
> machine without inadvertently pressing one or more of these buttons.
>
> None of them are of any use around potentially dangerous machinery.
>
> This is a row of buttons above the F buttons which the control program
> running the machine makes liberal use of. I need to completely disable
> that whole row of buttons, or find a source of logitech NOS K-360's.
>
> How can I do that?
>
> Second, some debian ID10T has decreed that F10 is to bring up a useless
> to me menu, meaning the exit from mc now demands I find and pick up the
> $%#@&& mouse and use it to click on the F10 button at the bottom right
> of the mc screen. Where, in TDE do I find where that hijacking is being
> done so I can turn it off so I can run mc from the keyboard like I've
> been doing for 22 years?
>
> Thanks all.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Another possible workaround is just to find another keyboard that doesn't have
those keys. Keyboards can be found cheap or even free. Lots of people just
toss them, or you can find them at second-hand shops for a couple bucks tops.

If you only use the keyboard for this one thing, then probably you don't need
all the extra bells and whistles, but just a basic keyboard.

Bill