Re: [users] Logitech USB Volume Not Changing

Anno domini 2021 Thu, 22 Jul 21:35:53 -0500
 J Leslie Turriff scripsit:
> On 2021-07-22 16:37:03 Edward wrote:

> > > The card in this system is a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX (PCIe 1x).
> > > Outputs on the back are: Line In, Microphone In, Front Out/Headphone
> > > Out, Rear Out and Center/Subwoofer.
> > >
> > > The other system has a Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 (legacy PCI).
> > > Per the user guide, it has: Digital Out, Front Line Out, Rear Line Out,
> > > Microphone and Headphone.
> > >
> > > The jacks on both cards are all 3.5mm, the headphones are USB.
> >
> > Test results: same on both, volume does not change on either system when
> > the inline volume control is used.
> >
> > One difference on the other system (with the Creative SB Live! card) is
> > that when the volume progress window appears, the white bar as described
> > previously, is dark blue on this system and only advances once,
> > regardless of how many times the + on the switch is pressed.
> >
> > On both systems when using these headphones, the Kmix icon in the TDE
> > panel shows the volume at 0%.
> >
> 	For what it's worth, there is a product called Solaar which provides an interface to
> Logitech devices, but it's no help for your purposes because it just supports keyboards
> and pointing devices with wireless USB interfaces.
> 	Maybe you can get them to think about supporting headsets as well?
> https://pwr-solaar.github.io/Solaar/

The said Audigy FX (PCIe 1x) and Solaar are basicly identical. The FX has a PCIe-to-USB converter on board. I had that card some months ago for testing - had to return it, 'cause it did not play well with 600 Ohm headphones. But at least the volume control worked.

Nik