Logitech USB Volume Not Changing

I have Logitech USB stereo headphones with boom mic plugged into USB. If
I use its in-line control to change the volume, a volume indicator
appears on-screen. The progress bar is blue when the volume is at the
low setting, then gradually changes to white when the volume is increased.

Except, the volume coming out of the headphones, is not changing.

If I need to adjust the volume, I must launch the PulseAudio Volume
Control and change it there.

Is what I'm describing above, the correct behavior? It would seem that
when the volume is increased with the in-line control, the actual volume
coming out of them /should/ increase?

Thanks in advance.

--
Linux. A Continual Learning Experience.