Re: Logitech USB Volume Not Changing

On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 15:35:04 -0400
Edward <epp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have Logitech USB stereo headphones with boom mic plugged into USB. If
> I use its in-line control to change the volume, a volume indicator
> appears on-screen. The progress bar is blue when the volume is at the
> low setting, then gradually changes to white when the volume is increased.
>
> Except, the volume coming out of the headphones, is not changing.
>
> If I need to adjust the volume, I must launch the PulseAudio Volume
> Control and change it there.
>
> Is what I'm describing above, the correct behavior? It would seem that
> when the volume is increased with the in-line control, the actual volume
> coming out of them /should/ increase?

If it were a normal pair of 3.5mm audio jack headphones, I would say
"yes" immediately, but with something more complex, I'm always
skeptical.

Have you tried plugging them into something else—phone, tablet, other
computer, anything with a suitable jack—and seeing whether the
volume control works as expected there?  That's the first step:  rule
out the simple possibility of broken hardware.

(My next step would be to kill PulseAudio with fire regardless of whether
there was a hardware problem or not, but I have no use for its extra features
and it's possible that you do.)

E. Liddell