Re: Logitech USB Volume Not Changing

On 7/22/21 4:08 PM, E. Liddell wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 15:35:04 -0400
Edward <epp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have Logitech USB stereo headphones with boom mic plugged into USB. If
I use its in-line control to change the volume, a volume indicator
appears on-screen. The progress bar is blue when the volume is at the
low setting, then gradually changes to white when the volume is increased.

Except, the volume coming out of the headphones, is not changing.

If I need to adjust the volume, I must launch the PulseAudio Volume
Control and change it there.

Is what I'm describing above, the correct behavior? It would seem that
when the volume is increased with the in-line control, the actual volume
coming out of them /should/ increase?
If it were a normal pair of 3.5mm audio jack headphones, I would say
"yes" immediately, but with something more complex, I'm always
skeptical.

Have you tried plugging them into something else—phone, tablet, other
computer, anything with a suitable jack—and seeing whether the
volume control works as expected there?  That's the first step:  rule
out the simple possibility of broken hardware.

(My next step would be to kill PulseAudio with fire regardless of whether
there was a hardware problem or not, but I have no use for its extra features
and it's possible that you do.)

E. Liddell

My other desktop also has Debian 10/Trinity installed, so if I plugged
these into that, I believe would have the same result. Only difference
between the desktops, is the insides. Both systems are using plug-in
audio cards (both Creative SoundBlasters, but different models).

--
Linux. A Continual Learning Experience.

TDE: R14.0.10  -  Debian: 10.10 (amd64)