Re: Search engine other than Google’s?

said E. Liddell:

| Pick your poison:
|
| Chrome, Chromium, and all their forks are tainted by Google (Brave
| just doubles down on it by adding a second layer of untrustworthy
| obnoxiousness).
|
| Firefox is managed by people who are more interested in chasing
| Chrome's market share than producing the browser their current users
| actually want.
|
| Vivaldi is (as of the last time I checked) at least partly
| closed-source.
|
| Waterfox was sold to an advertising company a couple of years ago.
|
| Opera is also owned by an advertising company.
|
| Seamonkey doesn't seem to have much new development taking place.
|
| Pale Moon has some *really* *obnoxious* people in its infrastructure
| and development community, and makes no effort to restrain them,
| even though they actively discourage new people from getting
| involved.
|
| Midori and other really small-user-share browsers tend not to have
| enough people working on them for their futures to be secure.
|
| Conclusion:  they all suck, one way or another.

Well, Lynx it is, then. Wonder if they ever finished that project to render
porn as ascii art . . .

Actually, Lynx is good to have, because it lets you browse when X has
failed. Though I do think it was a little presumptuous of them to link
their executable with www-browser. Not that anyone ever types www-browser
at a commant prompt.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album