Re: Search engine other than Google’s?

On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 23:11:06 +0300
Mavridis Philippe <mavridisf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wouldn't trust Brave's search engine as I don't trust Brave. Their
> privacy claims are just a marketing veil to attract more users. There
> are quite a few problems with Brave.
>
> This is an interesting read on Brave as a browser:
> https://spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html

Pick your poison:

Chrome, Chromium, and all their forks are tainted by Google (Brave
just doubles down on it by adding a second layer of untrustworthy
obnoxiousness).

Firefox is managed by people who are more interested in chasing
Chrome's market share than producing the browser their current users
actually want.

Vivaldi is (as of the last time I checked) at least partly closed-source.

Waterfox was sold to an advertising company a couple of years ago.

Opera is also owned by an advertising company.

Seamonkey doesn't seem to have much new development taking place.

Pale Moon has some *really* *obnoxious* people in its infrastructure
and development community, and makes no effort to restrain them,
even though they actively discourage new people from getting
involved.

Midori and other really small-user-share browsers tend not to have
enough people working on them for their futures to be secure.

Conclusion:  they all suck, one way or another.

E. Liddell