Re: Using Konqueror for the web

dep via tde-users wrote:
In my estimation Konqueror is not only the worst web browser ever made but
the worst from its very inception and the worst imaginable. It's a good
file browser, though for anything critical I prefer mc in a terminal or
Krusader, which is an X mc. And I very much hope that no one ever tries to
make Konqueror a browser anymore -- the idea of it as a web browser was
abaodoned by KDE about five years ago, to the regret of no one because it
really sucked in that function.

https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?t=132499

There are a lot of good web browsers. (And too many KDE file managers!)
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album
Column: https://www.athensnews.com/opinion/columns/the_view_from_mudsock_heights/
If this is the case, why is it still being upheld in TDE (the web browser portion)? I never used KDE before Plasma as I've only been using Unix-likes since 2016, so I don't know if it's always been this dysfunctional, but I assumed it's because it's outdated.

In my estimation Konqueror is not only the worst web browser ever made but
the worst from its very inception and the worst imaginable.
I'd say Internet Explorer is pretty bad.. Anyway, I've seen a few videos from "back in the day" of it being used. It seems that not everybody hates it.

--
- Hunter aka hunter0one