Re: Is there a quick hack for this?

On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 19:34:48 +0000
dep via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> said Dr. Nikolaus Klepp:
>
> | In konqeror you can right click on the image, "open with ..." and select
> | whatever program you want. Might involve some back magic with mimetypes
> | to pu the program you like on top of the list, but should work.
>
> Yes, thanks. Now. If you can tell me what opens the kipi plugin
> metadataeditor, I'll use that, not in Konqueror but on Gwenview, which I
> may have mentioned above is the place I'd like it to run. In short, if I
> knew the frigging program name to begin with, this wouldn't be a problem!

If it's a true plugin, it probably doesn't *have* a separate executable.  Plugins
are sort of like the inverse of libraries:  they implement some sort of interface
or contract provided by the host program.  The kipi plugins appear to implement
a common interface used by multiple TDE graphics programs.

Unless you can figure out how to use DCOP to send a message to gwenview
that will force-invoke the plugin, or you're willing to write some kind of kipi
stub-invoker, I suspect you're out of luck here.

E. Liddell