Re: Is there a quick hack for this?

said Michael via tde-users:
| On Sunday 20 June 2021 12:22:55 pm Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
| > Anno domini 2021 Sun, 20 Jun 09:22:27 -0700
| >
| >  Dan Youngquist via tde-users scripsit:
|
| So, I'm not going to lie, this solutions basically sucks...

Correct.

| - Find the version of gThumb that worked best for you.
| - Based on that find the Linux version that supports it.
| - - Ubuntu 14.04?  MX-17?  CentOS 5?  whichever...
| - Install that version of Linux in a VM (VirtualBox is pretty easy to do
| this with)
| - Install gThumb in the VM
| - Remove the Network Interface (have to turn the VM off to change
| settings) - Setup Shared Folders in the VM (so gThumb can access your
| files)
|
| Searching will get you the details for each step.
|
| Not pretty, or even very convenient to setup, but should work to reduce
| your keystroke issues.

Thanks, but, um, no. Might as well install some flavor of Windows in a
virtual machine and install Photo Shop in that version of Windows.

I think you are joking.

Somewhere on this very machine there is the mechanism whereby Gwenview
calls kipiplugin_metadataedit. I do not know of an executable for this,
which suggests that the executable is something else that takes
kipiplugin_metadataedit as an argument. If that command can be found, then
I can cobble together a RMB command that calls it. I've tried looking at
the output when I run Gwenview from a terminal, but no joy.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album
Column: https://www.athensnews.com/opinion/columns/the_view_from_mudsock_heights/