Is there a quick hack for this?

Hi, everybody!

In that gThumb, which I used for years, has had everything useful about it
removed, I sought alternatives. I often need to edit IPTC data embedded in
photographs; while gThumb used to do this well it now does it poorly.

For most uses, I employ the excellent Photini
(https://photini.readthedocs.io/en/latest/other/installation.html ), but
from time to time I need just to pop into a picture to check or edit the
IPTC data. The Trinity version of Gwenview is good for this. But to get to
those data, one needs Plugins > Images > Metadata >Edit IPTC. Possibly
because it comes apparently from a plugin, there's no way I can find to
shorten this chain -- certainly can't move it to, say, a toolbar.

So I'm wondering if in fact there is a way to do just that, either move it
to a top-level menu or to add it to the toolbar. I realize that this would
probably involve screwing around with the code.

And yes, I know it's probably in opposition to standards set by the World
Health Organization or UEFA or somebody. I'm just hoping that someone here
is familiar enough with the code to give me an idea what I need to change
to produce the desired ressult.

Thanks!
--
dep