Re: kuickshow + high resolution problem

On Sunday 20 June 2021 00:49:59 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I have a monitor with 2560x1440 pixel. When I open an image with kuickshow
> in fullscreen with scale to fit the creen then the image is not always
> centered and shows artefacts in the supposed-to-black regions of the screen
> (see screenshot).
>
> Anybody seen this happen before?
>
> nik

I have not seen it in kuickshow (which I use every day), but I have seen
something like it in some other applications.

When I create my own background for the TDE login page (on first boot), I must
set it for "scale and crop"; otherwise, I get this effect. I think it is, or
has something to do with, tiling. (This is found in TCC / Login Manager /
Background - English version, but you probably know what I mean.)

Also I have encountered it in an altogether different place, but it is a
similar situation. I have a small blog, which has virtually no readers; I use
it mostly to post things for my own future reference. But I created a
background for it, and despite trying to tweak it with css and using every
html trick that I know, I get this same tiling effect.

In both cases, it looks a lot like what I see in your image. Not that this
answers your question, but it may help you to find some kind of solution. And
I would be interested in solving my own problem with tiling of images, if it
can be applied to my own cases.

Bill