Re: Installing TDE R14.0.10 on FreeBSD 13?

Anno domini 2021 Sun, 06 Jun 08:46:55 +0200
 deloptes scripsit:
> Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
>
> > Oh that pinentry-tqt ... did you try building with portmaster? That was
> > what I did and it did not turn out well. I had to build everything
> > manually.
>
> But what is the problem with pinentry-tqt exactly? Is it the TQt code or
> other part of the package.
> In any case I am still on the GnuPG mailing list and could pull some strings
> there to improve the code if you have improvement. I do not know if they
> build GnuPG for FreeBSD or you have probably a conflict because you pull
> the GnuPG code from somewhere else.
>
> Can you explain?

It's not a problem with pinentry-tqt, it's a problem of the build system. By some obscure reason the build fails when you have not installed all build dependencies (so the ports system builds them) and you use one of the higher level makefiles. Somehow things get messed up when you do it this way and not by hand.

I'm sure there is just a little glitch causing it, but I don't have the slightest clue where to start looking.

Nik