Re: Installing TDE R14.0.10 on FreeBSD 13?

Hi!

Anno domini 2021 Sat, 5 Jun 13:39:26 -0500
 Hunter via tde-users scripsit:
> [...]
> So this morning I'm back at square one, which is why I'm here to ask how
> did any of you install it on FreeBSD? Did you run into the same issues,
> and is there any idea how I can go about getting it to work? I feel like
> I'm probably doing something wrong.

Oh that pinentry-tqt ... did you try building with portmaster? That was what I did and it did not turn out well. I had to build everything manually.

This is what I did, when it hit me:

- uninstall everything trinity
- delete the ports tree of trinity
- pkg autoremove
- clone tde-packaging again, switch banch, enter freebsd/dependencies
- manually enter each packages directory and do "make install clean"
- same process for the core/...

Then modify /etc/ttys to your needs, i.e. make it start tdm instead of xdm.

Ohm and to speed up things I interrupted the make process whenever another package was about to be built that was also in packages. Installed that package, marked it as auto and run make again. Most likely there's a better way of doing this, but ... :)

Nik