Installing TDE R14.0.10 on FreeBSD 13?

Hello everyone,

I was advised to come here since I'm aware that there are at least a few that use TDE on FreeBSD. I have the port from the gitea repository but I've had a number of issues. I'm still fairly new to FreeBSD so sorry if I seem inexperienced. I am especially new to using ports since I only have one or two on my system. Let me try to elaborate what I've done so far:

I first attempted installing TDE in the beginning of May, which is when I first switched from Devuan to FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE. This was right after the R14.0.10 release. I had the freebsd TDE folder and assumed I needed to build it with make install clean, as most ports are, and I (from what I remember) think it worked until I hit a snag. I stopped there and settled with Xfce which I was already using for the time being and completely forgot what the snag was.

I then tried it again yesterday, as I missed using TDE very much (as its most certainly my favorite desktop environment, which is why I'm subbed to these lists now =D ). I removed my desktop environment and login manager (Xfce + LightDM), and cloned the tde-packaging freebsd port once again. I had to run /make install clean///as root (I used doas, probably also did this the first attempt and just forgot), and everything was good and well until about 30 minutes into the make process when I received an error about pinentry-tqt. You can see my issue here: https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tde-packaging/issues/86. At this point, I was in a conversation on Matrix and a TDE user on Slackware was trying to help me out the best he could. I had been trying to fix it all day and by the end of it had a massive headache so I quit and installed Fluxbox temporarily (needed a way to communicate easier as well). I had tampered with the make directory quite a bit without backing it up so now I cloned it again and am making sure to keep an unmodified copy (so I don't have to go through the process of getting it all again with my horrible internet..)

So this morning I'm back at square one, which is why I'm here to ask how did any of you install it on FreeBSD? Did you run into the same issues, and is there any idea how I can go about getting it to work? I feel like I'm probably doing something wrong.

--
- Hunter aka hunter0one