Re: Installing TDE R14.0.10 on FreeBSD 13?

Anno domini 2021 Sat, 5 Jun 16:04:28 -0500
 Hunter scripsit:
> > Oh that pinentry-tqt ... did you try building with portmaster? That was what I did and it did not turn out well. I had to build everything manually.
> >
> > This is what I did, when it hit me:
> >
> > - uninstall everything trinity
> > - delete the ports tree of trinity
> > - pkg autoremove
> > - clone tde-packaging again, switch banch, enter freebsd/dependencies
> > - manually enter each packages directory and do "make install clean"
> > - same process for the core/...
> >
> > Then modify /etc/ttys to your needs, i.e. make it start tdm instead of xdm.
> >
> > Ohm and to speed up things I interrupted the make process whenever another package was about to be built that was also in packages. Installed that package, marked it as auto and run make again. Most likely there's a better way of doing this, but ... :)
> >
> > Nik
>
> Thank you very much, I will give this a try!
>
> Do I do the same for freebsd/applications (as in, manually enter and
> "make install clean"? I also forgot to mention I tried to edit the
> makefiles my first try since I didn't need certain applications like
> Dolphin (I like Konqueror as a file browser) for example. Also in core,
> could I skip most of the internationalization files since I only speak
> English?

Yes, all the same. Manually enter the folder of the package you like to buld, "make install clean", move to the next.
Don't use the "big" Makefiles:
/usr/ports/x11/trinity/Makefile
.../applications/Makefile
.../core/Makefile
.../dependencies/Makefile
.../libraries/Makefile
- just use them to determine the order in wich the packages need to be built.

These are the packages I built. You'll not need *-tde-i18n-trinity if you just need english:

$ pkg info|grep 14.0.10
akode-14.0.10                  akode plugin for aRts
arts-trinity-14.0.10           aRts (analog realtime synthesizer) - the TDE sound system
avahi-tqt-14.0.10              Avahi TQt integration library
dbus-1-tqt-14.0.10             D-Bus bindings for the Trinity Qt interface
dbus-tqt-14.0.10               TQt D-Bus inter-process communication module
de-tde-i18n-trinity-14.0.10    Messages and documentation for TDE - de
libart_lgpl-14.0.10,1          Library for high-performance 2D graphics
libcaldav-14.0.10              libcaldav provides a C interface for caldav PIM clients
libcarddav-14.0.10             libcarddav provides a C interface for carddav PIM clients
libtqca-14.0.10                libtqca provides TQt interface for security plugins
libtqtinterface-14.0.10        Trinity TQt Interface
tdeaccessibility-trinity-14.0.10 Trinity accessibility apps
tdeaddons-trinity-14.0.10      Trinity add-on plugins and applets
tdeadmin-trinity-14.0.10       Trinity system administration tools
tdeartwork-trinity-14.0.10     Trinity themes, styles and more
tdebase-trinity-14.0.10        Trinity Base Programs
tdegames-trinity-14.0.10       Trinity games
tdegraphics-trinity-14.0.10    Trinity graphics apps
tdelibs-trinity-14.0.10        Core libraries and binaries for all TDE applications
tdemultimedia-trinity-14.0.10  Trinity multimedia apps
tdenetwork-trinity-14.0.10     Trinity network-related apps
tdepim-trinity-14.0.10         Trinity Personal Information Management apps
tdesdk-trinity-14.0.10         Trinity software development kit
tdeutils-trinity-14.0.10       Trinity general purpose utilities
tdevelop-trinity-14.0.10       Trinity IDE for Unix/X11
tqca-tls-14.0.10               TLS plugin for the TQt Cryptographic Architecture (TQCA)
tqmake-14.0.10                 The build utility of the TQt from Trinity
tqt3-14.0.10                   Multiplatform C++ application framework
tqt3-sqlite3-plugin-14.0.10    TQt3 SQLite 3.x database plugin

Nik