Re: And another thing

said Michael via tde-users:
| On Monday 24 May 2021 03:10:52 pm dep via tde-users wrote:
| > said Michael via tde-users:
| > | > |

| > |
| > | I can only guess you've got some setting/config different than mine,
| > | as mine doesn't show the + when a dir just has files...  Here a pic,
| > | HTH...
| >
| > Meanwhile, here -- note the Blackberry > SOUNDS directory. The + turns
| > to a - when it's open, but when it's open I can *see* whether there
| > are subdirectories. When it isn't open, it has the + but it has no
| > subdirectories.
|
| Yup, AFAICT different configs...
|
| Notice that your right pane shows both folders and files as sub items of
| those folders, where my right pane only shows the contents of the
| selected directory.
|
| My guess is since your right pane shows sub items, the left pane shows
| the +, as it is saying the right pane has more than one level?

No, it's just normal split view of the same thing; on the right I opened a
directory to illustrate the phenomenon. I was using the only tree view I
could find, which is found in the menu rendered when the view icon is
invoked.

| Ah, another thing, your left pane is not the standard ('tree'?) view
| [edit: called "Navigation Panel"].  Notice my left pane does not have
| any "NNN Items - NN Files" type info at the bottom.  See if you can grab
| and drag the very left most side of your Konqueror so it expands to show
| the 'tree' view pane?
|
| Ohh!, also try clicking this:
|
| Window > Hide Navigation Panel F9
|
| Hopefully that'll do it?

That did indeed make the little side panel appear. Weirdly, I cannot change
the font on this panel, which at the moment is much smaller than brings me
joy. (Though there's a configuration setting for typeface and size for
Konqueror in file manager use in the Konqueror configuration under
Settings, it applies only to the text under icons.)

Still, that will probably do -- thanks very much.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album
Column: https://www.athensnews.com/opinion/columns/the_view_from_mudsock_heights/