Re: How to change volume increment/decrement value

On 2021/05/24 06:21 AM, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
Hi all,

I just ran into this again: Where can I change the volume incerment/decremet value?

My situation is this:

kmix: mousewheel changes volume by 5 for the onboard soundcard, but by 10 for the PCI/USB soundcard.
volume keys: change volume always by 10.

T60:
kmix & volume keys: I can set the inc/dec value kcontrol/system/IBM and it works as it should.

So ... is there a way for non-thinkpads to set the volume increment/decrement value somewhere?

Nik

Hi Nik,
volume inc/dec intervals are by default 10% and 1%. ault, 1% is if you press Ctrl together with the keys to change the volume. You can customize the values by editing kmilodrc and changing the values of volumeStepFast and volumeStepSlow in the "generic monitor" section.
https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdeutils/src/branch/master/kmilo/generic/generic_monitor.cpp#L133

For some laptop model there are customized kmilo files and Thinkpad is one of them. I guess that is why you can set the increment on that machine but not on the other.

Cheers
  Michele