Re: How to change volume increment/decrement value

Anno domini 2021 Mon, 24 May 11:04:21 +0900
 Michele Calgaro via tde-users scripsit:
> On 2021/05/24 06:21 AM, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just ran into this again: Where can I change the volume incerment/decremet value?
> >
> > My situation is this:
> >
> > kmix: mousewheel changes volume by 5 for the onboard soundcard, but by 10 for the PCI/USB soundcard.
> > volume keys: change volume always by 10.
> >
> > T60:
> > kmix & volume keys: I can set the inc/dec value kcontrol/system/IBM and it works as it should.
> >

> > So ... is there a way for non-thinkpads to set the volume increment/decrement value somewhere?
> >
> > Nik
> >

> Hi Nik,
> volume inc/dec intervals are by default 10% and 1%. ault, 1% is if you press Ctrl together with the keys to change the
> volume.
> You can customize the values by editing kmilodrc and changing the values of volumeStepFast and volumeStepSlow in the
> "generic monitor" section.
> https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdeutils/src/branch/master/kmilo/generic/generic_monitor.cpp#L133
>
> For some laptop model there are customized kmilo files and Thinkpad is one of them. I guess that is why you can set the
> increment on that machine but not on the other.

Hi Michele,

I have kmilo-trinity 14.1.0 installed. In the binary I find "volumeStep", but not "volumeStepFast" or "volumeStepSlow". And I did a dist-upgrade yesterday.

Should I revert back to 14.0.x ?

This is my ~/.trinity/share/config/kmilodrc:

[DefaultSkin]
Font=Sans,10,-1,5,75,0,0,0,0,0
ProgressFont=Sans,8,-1,5,75,0,0,0,0,0
Size=80,30