Re: No feedback when rceives imap mail

On Tuesday 18 May 2021 22.12:55 Mike Bird via tde-users wrote:

> "New" is a property of the message on the server, not of the message
> copied to the client.
>
> This becomes significant when you have multiple clients or services
> or even webmail accessing a single server-side mailbox.
>
> Do you have another client or service - GMail is common - accessing
> your imap mails and making them "not new"?
>
> --Mike

Thanks Mike, that may be the reason. No, I don't use gmail to access that
account, but Thunderbird on the pi is accessing these mails. In theory this
is no problem if it forwards them, but if it gets them and does not forward,
they probably loose their "new status".

I'll have to look into it.

Thierry