No feedback when rceives imap mail

Hello all,

I've got a little problem. At work they recently changed their email system
for Office365. I did manage to setup an imap account in kmail, and this
account works, BUT:

When I get a message there, I get no notification. While all other accounts
get their messages in Inbox, or the relevent directory indicated there is
mail, the imap account shows nothing, so if I don't think to look I may miss
important messages.

I had found a workaround by setting up Thunderbird on a raspberry pi.
Thunderbird autoconfigures for this account (of  course at work they did not
give me the informations to connect, as we are supposed to be using MacOS or
Windows with application that don't require these) and I forwarded the
messages to my regular mail account. However Thunderbird is a nightmare when
it comes to changing the password, and the work password must be changed
every month... so for the time being Thunderbird no more forwards anything.

I'll take a look at Evolution for the pi, but it would actually be easier if I
could just get informed that a mail arrived on the imap account.

Am I missing some setup, or is it normal that imap doesn't give any feedback
(I normaly use pop for my accounts).

Thierry