Re: kmail as default for non-TDE apps

On 5/3/21 11:19 AM, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
On Monday 03 May 2021 14.44:25 Edward wrote:
Hi Thierry,

I now use Vivaldi as my default web browser, as I was unable to get
Firefox and Thunderbird to play nice. I have both Vivaldi stable and
Snapshot installed.

If you can set Kmail as the 'mailto' protocol handler, there is a Chrome
extension named 'Share link via email' that will launch whatever e-mail
program is set as the default 'mailto' handler. This option is in the
extension's settings as 'Default email client'. I have this extension
installed in both Vivaldi versions.

Ed
Thank you for the hint. I'll take a look at how to set the protocol handler,
but a first try seems to indicate it's not what I was looking for:

- I installed the extension and set it up to use Gmail

- If I ask to send something with Gmail, it does use Gmail
- If I click on an email address, it opens thunderbird

Thierry

Thunderbird must be set as the default mailto handler on your system. If
that can be changed, it needs to be changed to Kmail. The settings read
that it should launch whatever is set for that default.

--
Linux. A Continual Learning Experience.