Re: kmail as default for non-TDE apps

On Monday 03 May 2021 14.44:25 Edward wrote:
> Hi Thierry,
>
> I now use Vivaldi as my default web browser, as I was unable to get
> Firefox and Thunderbird to play nice. I have both Vivaldi stable and
> Snapshot installed.
>
> If you can set Kmail as the 'mailto' protocol handler, there is a Chrome
> extension named 'Share link via email' that will launch whatever e-mail
> program is set as the default 'mailto' handler. This option is in the
> extension's settings as 'Default email client'. I have this extension
> installed in both Vivaldi versions.
>
> Ed

Thank you for the hint. I'll take a look at how to set the protocol handler,
but a first try seems to indicate it's not what I was looking for:

- I installed the extension and set it up to use Gmail

- If I ask to send something with Gmail, it does use Gmail
- If I click on an email address, it opens thunderbird

Thierry