Re: [users] Another weather station for kWeather

On 2021-04-03 14:55:45 deloptes wrote:
> J Leslie Turriff wrote:
> > On 2021-04-02 12:28:13 deloptes wrote:

> > The region would be [US] and [US_MO].  The closest town to the base is
> > Knob Noster, so I presume the string probably ought to be
> >
> > | loc##=Whiteman\\ Air\\ Force\\ Base KSZL MOZ??? ???
> >
> > or less likely,
> >
> > | loc##=Knob\\ Noster KSZL MOZ??? ???
> >
> > (I presume ??? ??? are some sort of coordinates, but I have no idea what
> > their values might be.)
>
> In the source it is defined as
>
> KSZL;;US_MO;Sedalia;MOZ045;;
>
> so it is listed as
>
> loc13=Sedalia KSZL MOZ045 ---
>
> We could rename it, but I need explanation why it is/was Sedalia.
>
> I don't know where this Sedalia comes from - most likely it was there in
> the original code and was adopted/migrated.
>
> Note: we've updated all the stations not so long ago, so I assume it is
> available on the PSBs (not sure what you are using)

	Strange; the base is right next door to Knob Noster MO and about halfway between Sedalia
and Warrensburg.
	I have perhaps misunderstood the configuration interface for kWeather; when I first
brought it up there was no selected station in the Display pane, so I looked in the
Weather Service pane but didn't find Whiteman AFB.  Now somehow Whiteman shows up in the
Display pane, and Sedalia is selected in the Weather Service pane.
	So I guess my problem is (somehow) solved. :-)

Leslie
--
openSUSE    Leap 15.2 x86_64
Qt:         3.5.0