Re: [users] Storage Media mounter and Konqueror

On 2021-04-01 19:56:13 Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:
> On 2021/03/14 06:51 AM, J Leslie Turriff wrote:
> > 	In the Control Center, at Internet and Network => Web Browser => User
> > Interface, there is a check box, 'Open as tab in existing Konqueror...'
> > (see attachment).  At Peripherals => Storage Media => Unmounted DVD I
> > have set 'Open with Konqueror' as the default action (see attachment).
> > 	The wording of the description of the effect of that check box leads me
> > to believe that inserting a DVD into my drive should open a new tab in
> > Konqueror, but it always opens a new window (see attachment).
> > 	This looks like a bug to me.  Your thoughts?
> >
> > Leslie
>
> Hi Leslie,
> I tested this in R14.1.0-dev and it seems to work fine as long as Konqueror
> is on the same desktop: when I insert a cdrom it is opened in a new tab in
> an existing Konqueror window.
> If Konqueror is on a different desktop, it opens up a new Konqueror window.
> Do you see the same behavior?
>
> Cheers
>    Michele

	Nope.  If I have the Konqueror desktop active when I put the disc in it opens a new copy
of Konqueror on top of the existing one (see attachment).

	What is the rationale for opening a new Konqueror (KFM) if the existing one is Not on an
active desktop?  I would expect it to use the active one regardless of whether or not it
is in the active window.

Leslie
--
openSUSE    Leap 15.2 x86_64