Re: Konquerorsu fails to show directories on startup

On Saturday 13 March 2021 22.42:00 Nigel Henry wrote:

> Let me know which TDE version you are using.
>
> I think I'll post this problem to the devels list as it's beginning to look
> like a bug in R14.0.9

I have 14.0.10 [Development] - I'm using the preliminary stable builds.

> To get konquerorsu on the desktop menu you need to go to
> /opt/trinity/share/applications/tde/konquerorsu.desktop
> At the bottom of the file there is an entry "NoDisplay=true" .

I've taken a look at the file you indicated, and it does not contain any
NoDisplay line.

Here is the content:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=konqueror --profile filemanagement
X-DocPath=konqueror/index.html
Icon=kfm
X-TDE-SubstituteUID=true

Name=Konqueror
Name[bn]=কনকরার
Name[eo]=Konkeranto
Name[hi]=कॉन्करर
Name[lv]=Iekarotājs
Name[mn]=Конкюрор
Name[ne]=कन्क्वेरर
Name[pa]=ਕੋਨਕਿਉਰੋਰ
Name[ta]=கான்கொரர்
Name[te]=కాంకెరర్
Name[th]=คอนเควอร์เรอร์

GenericName=File Manager - Super User Mode
(... name in many languages...)
GenericName[zu]=Imenenja yamafayela - Indlela Yomsebenzisi Omkhulu

Categories=Qt;TDE;X-TDE-System-su;
OnlyShowIn=TDE;

Here in Debian, I have Konqueror in superuser mode in
system -> SuperUser -> FileManager Super User Mode

And while I don't know where the desktop file is, from it's properties I know
it's set-up as "run as another user", this user being root.

So I think your problem has to do with how TDE is setup in kubuntu. I rarely
use the "start" button, I start programs with icons in kicker, so I'd simply
create a new desktop, but if you now have a menu item, you could edit it and
try runing it as root (if you have root. As a long time Debian user I never
converted to sudo and actually remove itwhen/if I have to install some "buntu
flavor).

> Thanks again for you reply and stay safe,
>
> Nigel.

Same to you,

Thierry