Re: Notes on 14.1.0

Hi Michele!

Anno domini 2021 Mon, 1 Mar 22:31:27 +0900
 Michele Calgaro via tde-users scripsit:

> >> I think this is not a TDE specific problem, just need the right setup.
> >> Here I have "/dev/sr0            /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0" in /etc/fstab and if I click on
> >> a cdrom icon (on desktop or konqueror) it mounts and opens the disk correctly.
> >> If you can provide the steps you follow, I can see if I can reproduce the problem here, but as said most likely this is
> >> not a TDE issue in its own.
> >
> > Thanks for pointing to that entry in fstab. In fact I have the very same entry. I commented it out and now mounting of CD/DVD works as expected :)
> >
> Interesting that you needed to comment that out, while it is not commented in mine.... anyhow it works and it is not
> strictly related to TDE.

Definitly not a TDE problem after all :)

Just one more question: Can you check if you have a folder /media/cdrom0 ? My /media/ is totally empty when nothing is mounted, so the enty in /etc/fstab will not mount successfully.

> > Are you sure this will need a lot of work? IMO it's just swaping 2 menu entries - the first and the 6th. I have activated automunting to the systems mountpoint on removable devices and it works like a charm. Only when I unmount the device and would like remount it I need to pick the 6th menu item instead of the first (ok, lamenting on a high level)
>
> Well, it is not as simple as that. The "open medium system folder" is performed through .desktop files and a helper
> program, while "Open" is embedded directly in the code. We will need to look at Konqueror, KDesktop, Dolphin and
> potentially Krusader and other apps to see where "Open" is coded and how to swap that with "Open Medium System Folder"
> on request (user option is required). So it will definitely require a fair amount of searching and most importantly
> testing.

Oh,  that's in the good old code from the beginnings of time :)

> Maybe the way to go is to implement "Open" as a .desktop service and make the default action selectable.

Sounds like a sensible approach to me.

Nik