Re: Notes on 14.1.0

I think this is not a TDE specific problem, just need the right setup.
Here I have "/dev/sr0            /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0" in /etc/fstab and if I click on
a cdrom icon (on desktop or konqueror) it mounts and opens the disk correctly.
If you can provide the steps you follow, I can see if I can reproduce the problem here, but as said most likely this is
not a TDE issue in its own.

Thanks for pointing to that entry in fstab. In fact I have the very same entry. I commented it out and now mounting of CD/DVD works as expected :)

Interesting that you needed to comment that out, while it is not commented in mine.... anyhow it works and it is not strictly related to TDE.

Are you sure this will need a lot of work? IMO it's just swaping 2 menu entries - the first and the 6th. I have activated automunting to the systems mountpoint on removable devices and it works like a charm. Only when I unmount the device and would like remount it I need to pick the 6th menu item instead of the first (ok, lamenting on a high level)

Well, it is not as simple as that. The "open medium system folder" is performed through .desktop files and a helper program, while "Open" is embedded directly in the code. We will need to look at Konqueror, KDesktop, Dolphin and potentially Krusader and other apps to see where "Open" is coded and how to swap that with "Open Medium System Folder" on request (user option is required). So it will definitely require a fair amount of searching and most importantly testing. Maybe the way to go is to implement "Open" as a .desktop service and make the default action selectable.

Cheers
  Michele