Re: Notes on 14.1.0

Hi Nik

- TDE cannot mount CD/DVD any more, it gives an error "mount:
/media/cdrom0: mount point does not exist.". I am not sure if that was
already a problem on 14.0.x some time ago. however, I can mount CD/DVD
from commandline.

I think this is not a TDE specific problem, just need the right setup.
Here I have "/dev/sr0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto 0 0" in /etc/fstab and if I click on a cdrom icon (on desktop or konqueror) it mounts and opens the disk correctly. If you can provide the steps you follow, I can see if I can reproduce the problem here, but as said most likely this is not a TDE issue in its own.

No, that did not help. BTW, mount helper is "udisks2"
udisks2 is the preferred way. udevil and pmount are also supported but I highly recommended udisks2 for the best results.

- Opening a media folder at it's actual mountpoint is gorgeous.
Automouning with this feature is a great relieve, thank you!

- I'd like to always open konqueror at the medias mountpount :) Is there
an way to do this in 14.1 at the moment?

Not at the moment. Please fill an issue report on TGW, we may look at implementing that at some point, especially if many people request that. It is likely to require some rework in many places of the code, so definitely something that will need to be tested carefully. In the meantime, you can use a workaround trick with a small script. You can use tdeio_media_mounthelper with the -f option to open your device to the real folder (same as "Open Medium System folder" command).

Cheers
  Michele