Re: Install not possible from Ubuntu Live CD's

Last but not least I will give Trinity another try by installing Ubuntu 20.04.02 on the empty disk in the Vaio and after this again try to do a hopefully error free install of Trinity. Maybe I get it running as stable as I until now found the combination running from the stick. Maybe the infos from Thierry can help.
I'm not the one to give up then there are problems. Anyway I will give Nik's "remastered exegnulinux" a try and already had a try with Q4OS but was not that convinced ....

And again: THANKS for your help!

Hi Martin,
here is another way to go, maybe not exactly what you wanted but can give you some ideas.

1) download and install a basic Debian system. No graphical DE at all, purely CLI.
2) add TDE sources and install TDE only.

Usually the process is quick smooth even on old computers. I have an old Samsung laptop from 2011 and I run exactly the above (debian testing + TDE R14.1.0-dev).

Cheers
  Michele