Re: Install not possible from Ubuntu Live CD's

Hello helpers,

in the mean time I had to do some other things in my live, but now found the time for some additional searches and tests and found the following:

for the situation where Ubuntu 20.04 is installed from an image with it's own installer AND after this do a Trinity install by use of the instructions here: https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Ubuntu_Trinity_Repository_Installation_Instructions:

maybe interesting or important info's to get this running are:
- I tested the install process with a full install of Ubuntu 20.04.02 64 bit
- and installed all available updates for this after first boot into Ubuntu with GNOME desktop
- changed /etc/apt/sources.list as described and installed the keyring - works as should
- got the hint, that >aptitude< must be installed and did this like mentioned in the hint
- !!! next I used the install process for Trinity and several times - I did this at least 5 times on different nb's - got the hint, that parts of the install didn't work mostly because the server on some not mentioned reason terminated the download before this was ready
- I ALLWAYS could do this install successful by in case of error again using the same command line for the Trinity install process where all already downloaded or installed packages have been sciped while missing packages have been handled
- and doublechecked this after successful install by again doing this and very rapidly got the ready message again
!!! At the first start of Ubuntu with Trinity to me it looks like it is needed
- to use the GNOME desktop and switch off all energy controls, especially the screen suspension, otherwise the GNOME desktop takes over and tells, that it must be run otherwise the screen suspension would not work
- and even after this in my cases it was neccessary to at least once use the little icon in the Trinity logon window and set, that Trinity should be started, otherwise I was not able to get Trinity running with multiple restarts which then all have been without problems and backswitch to GNOME
- after all this Trinity is running with german keyboard settings, but english language settings for the desktop
- which has to be changed by use of install of the package "tde-i18n-de-trinity" by use of Synaptic

So far for this "kind of install" - now to my initial problem: Install not possible from Ubuntu+Trinity Live-CD:

for the message about a missing reference to "org.freedesktop.UPower" - see explanation and journal below - I did some search too and found the software package "upower" whch is installed e.g. in Kubuntu 18.04. and 20.04 on other systems I use. So I checked and found that this package is not installed in the image "tde-14.0.9-ubuntu-20.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso" and this at the end is the reason why an installation at least from the desktop icon of this image doesn't seem to do anything. Obviously - found this with doublecheck in the journal - ubiquity is started but in the script / program ""/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 652" somehow checks something against upower and doesn't find it.
As soon as I in the running install image installed the package "upower" this error is gone and the normal install process starts and of course I have been able to install Ubuntu+Trinity from the image on the Sony VAIO and The Samsung NC10 Plus notebooks.

So to me beste practise would be someone able and/or responsible for this doublechecks and changes this.

@Slávek:
the only way I see that you with your test within a virtual machine didn't run into the same error is that the virtual machine somehow had a connection to an installed upower package - this sounds very strange to me ...

OK, that's it for this thread, I'll leave it open because in my opinion it should be closed by the one pushing upower to the images.
Thanks for all your comments and work, hope I've done something usefull here ...