Re: Konqueror & FAT32

> On Saturday 16 January 2021 09:46:12 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I just found that after my latest updates to 14.0.10 I lost the "Delete"
> > funtionality in konqueror. When I do a right click on at file on a FAT32
> > usb thumbdrive, then the context menu pops up with the "Delete" entry
> > greyed out. Pressing "<DEL>"-key consequently des not delete the file nor
> > move it to the thrashcan. Pressing "<shift>+<DEL>" deletes the file.
> >
> > Does somebody else see this, too?
> >
> > Nik
>
> I just upgraded a couple days ago, and I don't have that problem. Everything
> works the same as before.
>
> The problem, however, may reside in the flash drive itself, and the fat32
> filesystem. I've had problems with both flash drives and SD cards: sometimes
> they mount and behave normally, sometimes not. Do you have the delete
> function when you are using Konqueror with non-fat drives, such as your
other
> hard drives?
>
> You might dig up your konquerorrc file, where the delete function can be set
> or unset. You might be able to override other changes by changing that file.
>
> Bill

I need to use fat32 because I still have some itsinks clients (thankfully
that's fading)

Stock formatted usb and SD cards do exhibit problems like that in general.
That's why I always format them with linux before use. I never have a problem
after that.

NTFS, when I have to use that crap, sometimes will. HFS doesn't give me much
of a problem, less than NTFS more than fat32.

Try clean formatting the drives before use and make use you chown to your user
just in case.

Kate