Re: libjasper1 missing - full TDE desktop on my chromebook now

It turns out that I did not include both of the TDE entries in the sources.list (only the first).  This missing library was included in the 2nd entry list.  My error, and sorry for the bother here.

I now have the FULL TDE package installed and running as expected on the linux VM within my chromebook.  It works fine, but a little different than running a full desktop.  Basically, the chromebook linux environment runs as a set of linux apps.  I can get the TDE desktop, but it is a subset of the full chromeos desktop.  It is best to just run an individual linux all (for example konsole-trinity or take your pick).

It is amazing that these chromebooks can do all this very well: chromeos, android apps, linux apps (and desktops).  Some people are running windows apps directly under the wine emulator of the linux vm.  But, if you need Microsoft office for example, why not just run the chromeos app and get a cloud account for Office ?

I highly recommend that the TDE project offer a chromeos-tailored desktop environment for the chromebooks, most growth in computer market in the world right now.  It is a relatively small deviation from the built-in Debian platform.  A very good chromebook sells about $400-$500. Low-high end $200-$1000+.  the linux vm on the chromebook is very easy to manage and comes complete with a built-in backup/restore.  I anticipate my next computer purchase will be a chromebox.