Re: Konqueror & FAT32

On Saturday 16 January 2021 09:46:12 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I just found that after my latest updates to 14.0.10 I lost the "Delete"
> funtionality in konqueror. When I do a right click on at file on a FAT32
> usb thumbdrive, then the context menu pops up with the "Delete" entry
> greyed out. Pressing "<DEL>"-key consequently des not delete the file nor
> move it to the thrashcan. Pressing "<shift>+<DEL>" deletes the file.
>
> Does somebody else see this, too?
>
> Nik

I just upgraded a couple days ago, and I don't have that problem. Everything
works the same as before.

The problem, however, may reside in the flash drive itself, and the fat32
filesystem. I've had problems with both flash drives and SD cards: sometimes
they mount and behave normally, sometimes not. Do you have the delete
function when you are using Konqueror with non-fat drives, such as your other
hard drives?

You might dig up your konquerorrc file, where the delete function can be set
or unset. You might be able to override other changes by changing that file.

Bill