Re: kweather does not update weather data [SOLVED]

Michael via tde-users wrote:

> [1] This is the starting file?
> https://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/data/nsd_cccc.txt

yes here however city names are wrongly spelled and needed correction (a).
because we do not want to update the source file, we created
station_names.txt (like a mapping or lookup)

> [2] e.g. where are you grabbing the <REGION>_<STATE> from, what are all
> [the
> flag field's codes, etc...

this was originally in weather_stations.desktop, but we agreed it will be
generated automatically and a skeleton called weather_stations.desktop.in
will be the source.
Later I found out it held the mapping to regions and states and also some
additional information. Which bring us to the next point

> [3] station_names.txt ?

I extracted now all information from the original
weather_stations.desktop.in combined it with the old station_names.txt and
produced a new station_names.txt.
For now I am glad that the code produces much more advanced
weather_stations.desktop and stations.dat files preserving the old and
extending with new information. For example many stations from different US
were not included although the state is in the nsd file. Others were added
based on country information in the nsd file and this country having a
section in the weather_stations.desktop.in.

TBH it will be sufficient if you map whatever station from nsd_cccc.txt to
any region and state as listed in weather_stations.desktop.in (b)
just double check before doing so if it is not already in station_names.txt
(c) and if it is there, is it correct.
If the region and state are not in weather_stations.desktop.in - the
corresponding section(s) have to be created.

I hope it is not very confusing what I tried to explain

(a) https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdetoys/issues/9
(b)
https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdetoys/src/branch/issue/9/kweather/kweather/weather_stations.desktop.in
(c)