Re: kweather does not update weather data [SOLVED]

On Friday 15 January 2021 04:15:26 am deloptes wrote:

> I would appreciate a mapping such as
>
> STATION_ID;STATUS;<REGION>_<STATE>;NAME
>
> if the name of the station needs to be somehow corrected add it
>
> so for example
>
> CYFB;;CA_NT;Iqaluit, N. W. T.
> CYZF;;CA_NT;Yellowknife, N. W. T.
>
> and if you know if the station is active, dead or decommissioned mark it as
> none (the empty field assumes status is unknown and station will be
> processed)
>
> for example
>
> ETNP;none;EU_DE;Hopsten;;;
> ETNR;none;EU_DE;Preschen;;;
>
> exists in the original NSD file, but Stefan found out they are
> decomissioned
>
> this will be enough to update the station_names.txt needed to generate
> stations.dat and weather_stations.desktop correctly

Hi deloptes,

Okay, again I admit I haven’t been following all of this thread.  But it seems
y’all are manually updating a file that seems like automation should ‘fix’
well enough.  With the thought of doing that myself, would you mind
attaching, or sending me direct, the starting file [1], any intermediate
mapping type files [2], and the end result file [3] you currently have?

That should give me enough to bulk update everything so all you would need to
do is a diff check and hopefully save you a lot of time.

Best,
Michael

[1] This is the starting file?
https://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/data/nsd_cccc.txt

[2] e.g. where are you grabbing the <REGION>_<STATE> from, what are all the
flag field's codes, etc...

[3] station_names.txt ?