Re: kweather does not update weather data [SOLVED]

Am Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2021 schrieb deloptes via tde-users:
> Stefan Krusche via tde-users wrote:
> >> The other might be wish-list or improvement describing the
> >> duplication and aiming to rework the code. Most of all I wish all
> >> these have one and same source (i.e. stations.dat or whatever) is
> >> used to generate the files automatically.
> >
> > See Sláveks answer to this.
>
> I created PR#10 to get Schönefeld in to the list.

I've lost you. Or you've lost me. I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure we
misunderstood each other.

--> Berlin-Schoenefeld already *is* in the "list", that is the database
of available weather stations (airports) in the file "stations.dat".

--> For some reason this entry "Berlin-Schönefeld", besides many other
entries, is not shown in the list of available weather stations in the
GUI interface and cannot be chosen to be the one which weatherapplet
shows in the weather report (the little window that opens when one
clicks on the applet's icon in kicker).

I think there is a reason. Maybe a bug or any technical reason, IDK.

I got it working because your proposal to edit weather_appletrc put me
on the right track. But, instead I edited KWeatherServicerc: I added
the ICAO (airport code) of B-Schönefeld (EDDB).

$ cat .trinity/share/config/KWeatherServicerc
[WEATHERSTATIONS]
stations=EDDV,EDDW,EDDH,ETND,EDDB

Only now Berlin-Schönefeld *is* listed under "Chosen stations" in the
GUI config dialog and, when picked as the one that the kicker weather
applet should use, the data of that station appears in the weather
report window (the little window that opens when one clicks on the
applet's icon in kicker).

Note: you can not choose "Berlin-Schönefeld" in the GUI from the list
of "Available stations" because it doesn't show up in that list. That
is the problem and not that there wasn't an entry of it in the
database "stations.dat". It was and is there but doesn't get listed
(like many, many others). From 111 German stations in the database only
29 appear in the list of available stations.

> https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdetoys/pulls/10
>
> For the rest may be you can sanitize the German part and if you can
> not add it to the PR, I can do it for you.

I've wanted to do that, too. I was wondering how to do such a pull
request but first I will have to RTFM or other docs to teach myself how
to do it.

Thanks for engaging.

Cheers!
Stefan