Re: kweather does not update weather data [SOLVED]

Am Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2021 schrieb deloptes via tde-users:
> Stefan Krusche via tde-users wrote:
> > Wouldn't it make sense to merge them into one? Should I file a bug?
> > With which severity, "wishlist"?!
>
> yeah, this is why I mentioned the code is stupid ... there are
> duplications and a kind of spaghetti all over the place, but this is
> working as it is and no one had the time to rework it. What I like
> particularly in kweather, that it shows the wind chill. In
> KDE/Sailfish they use other source that does not do this.

Yes, I like it, too!

> I would suggest file two bugs for kweather. One for the issue and the
> resolution: You mentioned Berlin-Tegel etc does not exist, so we want
> to replace it in the weather_stations.desktop file with
> Berlin-Schoenefeld.

I think you're mixing up two things here. Firstly, Berlin-Tegel is in
the database (as still is Berlin-Tempelhof; shut down ~2009), but the
airport was shut down Nov 8 2020. Berlin-Schönefeld is also in the
database already. Secondly, the database is not
weather_stations.desktop but stations.dat, which of course could use
some care.

> The other might be wish-list or improvement describing the
> duplication and aiming to rework the code. Most of all I wish all
> these have one and same source (i.e. stations.dat or whatever) is
> used to generate the files automatically.

See Sláveks answer to this.

Cheers,
Stefan