Re: kweather does not update weather data [SOLVED]

On Thursday 07 January 2021 07:44:29 deloptes via tde-users wrote:
> William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > Besides my local weather (San Francisco - SFO), I like to check the
> > weather at various places where I've lived, have family or friends; not
> > only here in the US, but some other locations round the world. Mostly I
> > just use my local weather, but I do like to wonder now and then what it's
> > like elsewhere.
>
> I have 7 stations and all of them show the information :/

Ha! found it! (or at least I believe so).

I poked around in network settings in the TDE Control Center, and it turns out
that proxy had been set to "manually specify proxy settings"; once I clicked
change to direct connection, then updated kweather, suddenly I have
information for my weather stations.

Now the puzzle is, why are my network and proxy settings changed in the TDE
Control Center, when in fact I never use those settings. I have my machine
set for direct connection, and manually specify proxy settings for individual
applications like browsers or whatever.

Bill